Use PPE if you:
- care for someone suspected, probable or confirmed COVID-19
- undertake clinical examination or collect specimens from people who have suspected, probable or confirmed COVID-19
- have significant contact with people who have fever or acute respiratory symptoms
- work directly with patients or residents in an area with significant community transmission – community transmission is defined by jurisdictional public health authorities.
Give surgical masks to patients to wear straight away if they:
- are under quarantine or investigation for COVID-19
- are suspected, probable or confirmed cases of COVID-19
- have fever or acute respiratory symptoms.